In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Monday, August 01, 2005

So I've been thinking about the whole meeting people at night thing. Honestly, I'm one who prefers meeting new people during the day and hanging(and sticking) with friends at night. Why?

I'm VERY self aware and I know there are guys out there who are all about looks. So when you're out at night with drinks flowing, everything(visually) may seem wonderful and perfect. But what happens when the lights are lifted and the truth is revealed? Are you still everything that person thought you were and vice versa?

I guess I'm afraid of falling into that trap. Or just trying to dodge the possibilty of it happening. I've had great conversations with people when the lights are low in the club or bar; but when the lights are lifted... I do tense up. I do have some acne scares on my face and (sad to say) I worry that someone I believe is my prince may reject me because my skin isn't perfectly clear. I'm already brown, but I use that as a filter for the racist/asshole gays.

I know it's stupid, but there's always SOMETHING (no matter how small) we're insecure about. Just think about it and how it effects your day-to-day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home