In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Friday, August 05, 2005

So yesterday, I learned how nice it can be to be patient. I was kinda sad...again, so I went shopping in Plano. Believe it or not, I drove the speed limit. For those of you who don't think that's huge, I usually drive 50mph+ on the reg road and 80mph+ on the tollroad (in a hurry or not).

When I was 21, I made Amber G. scream as we barreled down the tight curves of Royal Lane in my big 'ole Chevy Tahoe. In rememberance of that great moment, I made Frankie's roommate, Norberto, squeal as we flew down the tight curves of The Dallas North Tollway from Plano to the gayborhood. Yeah, that was a great night.

Anyway, the point is on my way home, I got out of the fast lane and drove at a NORMAL speed. I realized I don't always have to be in a rush. That's probably why I feel so crazy and worn out so much. I'm not enjoying life, I'm rushing through it. I was rushing. No more.

There's so much to enjoy. Hilda and I are going to visit Ambs in a few weeks in New Orleans. I have a niece who's already growing up too fast, so I have to make sure I'm around when she needs me. My dog, Hampton, only has a few years left so I have to spend as much time with him as I can. So much to do in such little time. No wonder we all rush so often.

Where's the "pause" button?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home