In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Monday, August 08, 2005

A recent conversation with a family member got me thinking. Is it normal to live your life in the past? Trying to move forward, yet stuck by old baggage? Not so much. This probably explains the frequent sadness and frustration. It's hard to get out of habits you've had forever.

I was asked why I don't pray at the dinner table when I eat? Well, I rarely eat at "the table." Plus, when I'm about to eat, prayer is the last thing on my mind once bitten by the hunger bug. I grew up in a family of 6, who rarely ate meals together. Holidays and birthdays were the days we ate and prayed together. That's it. It's never been an issue for me.

Now, I do have some bad habits (some of which I don't feel like sharing) but I do have some. I shop too much, some how. I still drive too fast. 45mpg in a 35 is still speeding. I still procrastinate, especially when told "oh, there's no rush." And finally, I pretend like I don't know how to be aggressive. Like I don't know how to go after something I want. That one's been kicking my ass for years.

So how do you break the cycle? Can you just stop? Really, can you???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home