In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Fast Forward...

So, Frankie is this really great guy who I've had the honor of knowing for about 5 years. At one point we both worked at A|X Armani Exchange at the Dallas Galleria. Honestly when I first saw him, I didn't give a second glance. And as I think back, I'm glad I didn't.

Why? Because that would have meant he was just another guy; not worthy of my friendship. Some walk by gander. Like I said before, I've known him for five years; but only recently have we become genuine friends. I mean, we get one another. And some part of me occasionally wonders why we're not "together." In reality I DO know why.

Our relationship is simply platonic, plus I am still getting used to having a close guy friend. Am I weird? Of course! I remember when I was younger, thinking any guy who was nice to me wanted to date or fuck me. Now that I'm older and more mature, my relationships seem different... better, I should say.

Frankie and I talk, text and voice mail almost everyday. We make time for our friendship and it's great! I have to say he is a wonderful blessing in my life. I guess I'm bringing this up because I don't really think he realizes what an incredibly beautiful person he is. I just think most guys who meet Francisco have absolutely no idea that they've come across the last guy they would ever "date."

Over the past year, I've discovered my friend Frankie is the perfect boyfriend. How so?

He loves to cook. He loves to love. I mean how many guys will put others before themself? He is raising a beautifully hyper Jack Russell Terrier (Sams). He has a healthy relationship with his family. He has his own car. Oh, and did I mention he has incredible style? Yeah, he has GRRReat style, so no makeovers for Mr. Macias.

Enter the flaw.We both try so fucking hard to pretty ourselves up on the exterior, as though that actually matters. We both LOVE receiving attention from others... even if it's short lived. Our superficial sides have to be satisfied as well, right? Hmmm, for now.

I just wish we could fast forward through getting our shit together, receive fantastic job offers and meet some incredibly wonderful guys for the long haul because I do not like pointless dating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home