In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Okay, I drive a 2001, beautiful blue VW Passat. My lease ends in March 2006, but my parents have been trying to get me out of it all summer. The leasing company has stopped leasing = I need a new car.

Anyway, I figured I might as well get another VW. They're German awesomeness and they're affordable Audis (big secret). So, Wednesday I visited Park Cities Volkswagen. That was the official shitty decision of this week.

As approached the receptionist to request salesman, this guy walks up to me and asked if he could help me. Enter Stef-the-snob. My first impression was "are you supposed to be a VW salesperson because you look everyday in that hideous plaid shirt and khakis?" Honestly, I could not get past this visual mistake for duration of my visit.

Okay, that was the first disaster. Next, I simply stated, "I would like to see a 2006 Passat." Enter the second disaster. Shit-head responded with "...why not a Jetta?" I'm hating myself for walking through the door of this place at this point.

"Well, I currently have a 2001 Passat and I want to replace it with a new model," I informed him. Easy, right? NOPE! This fucktard proceeded to argue with me. He said the new Jetta was the same size as my Passat and yada-yada-yada. What I don't get is why this idiot was trying to sell me (1) a car I clearly did not want and (2) why he was trying to sell me a cheaper car. The Passat I was looking at was around $30k while the Jetta was at $22k.

This guy was obviously not much of a salesman. And I was still wondering where his white VW polo (with the little logo on the chest) was. That's their uniform, damnit! Anyway, after being frustrated for ten minutes, Chris (dumb-ass salesman) FINALLY decided to show me the Passat on display in the showroom. The car was fucking beautiful... on the inside. I hate the tail end of it, though. The front's okay.


I got in the driver's seat and I was in heaven. The silky black perforated leather was sooo soft and I have to say I love that 6 disc in-dash CD changers are becoming standard on 2006 model vehicles. Anyway, I think Mr. Salesman was trying to give me some details on the car, but I instantly tuned him out. I did my research before I walked in the door, and he wasn't saying anything I didn't already know. It just sounded like he simply memorized (poorly) the basics on the car.

Now I know why he trying to sell me a Jetta, 'cuz he didn't know shit about the 2006 Passat. He could not intelligently answer a single question I asked. Plus, I think he figured I was younger than he was (I look 17-18) because he seemed okay with cursing in my presence. I wanted to smack him up side his head like I was his daddy! FUCKTARD!!!

The end was near, and ALL I WANTED was to drive the fucking car! That's what you do when you go to a dealership! You find what you think you want and take a test-drive to reinforce your decision. So, I asked to take a test drive. Chris told me I had to come back the next day. So, I left.

The next day(yesterday), I drove to BOARDWALK Volkswagen. I asked the receptionist to find me a salesman. I was greeted (professionally) by Gary, a retired medical supply business owner turned VW salesman of the year from 2001-2004. And what was Gary wearing? A white polo with a navy collar and a Volkswagen logo on the chest.

Needless to say, I came to the right place. Gary had full knowledge of Passats, old and new. He informed me of ALL the improvements made to the vehicle and made me excited about the car. We took a spin around the neighborhood and I was oh so very pleased with the car's performance. At this point, I only had to decide on a color since I already knew I wanted a 2.0T with luxury package2=hot shit.

I filled out the credit paperwork, negotiated with the guy in the finance office and we made a fantastic deal where my payments would be $40 less than what I'm paying for my car now. did I mention this new car is $5,000.00 more than the old ome? No hassles. No frills. No one pushed any unnessessary additions on me. What a fucking AWESOME experience!!!

Why can't life be easy and managable like this everyday? I mean, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home