In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

OMG! I need to take a nap. What's the deal? I drove myself over the deep-end building my first website from scratch. Why? Why not?

I just wanted to see if I could get a good(beautiful and functional) site up without Dreamweaver or a CSS checker. All I can say now is, it's up. Hey Stef, do all the links work? Nope!

Two pages of my portfolio don't have JavaScript hooked in yet... yet. I hope to all pages of my beautiful website up and running before next week. I figure I'll drop my original layout, html and CSS in Dreamweaver and fix it there. Wish me luck.

After I "finished" building and testing what I had, I was asked to design a logo for a leadership summit that's coming up next month. I'm so blessed I can throw together great work in less than 24 hours. Although, planning ahead does help too.

While I met with my client, I made a couple quick mock-ups of the logo. When I got home, I sketched a few more ideas then headed to my trusty G4. I came up with three designs. I really only liked one, but it needed some tweaking.

At about 6:30AM, I headed off to my neighborhood Starbucks, with design pad in hand and the iPod on my hip. After an hour sipping my latte and a lot of people watching, I managed to come up with a few more/better ideas. When I got home, I went to town and my final design was complete.

I met with my client this afternoon and she absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVED what I came up with. I was smart, though. Remember the very first idea I came up with and tweaked? I showed her that one first. Then I presented the best, second. "You've out done yourself!" I love those words put together like that!

I guess increased insanity brings out the best ideas in some situations. I am sooo tired. Hopefully I'll have sweet dreams about the car I hope to purchase next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home