In 2005, i am trying to figure out as much about the hidden chaos that exists in my life. I turned 27 this year, a new chapter in my life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's Hott!!!

So this past weekend was chopped full of surprises. Actually, I just had an extremely awesome Saturday. I mean the entire day, from 12AM Saturday - 12AM Sunday, was absolutely fantastic. Let's start with work.

Okay, I work at Williams Sonoma (the greatest cooks tools store ever) on the weekends as a stock runner/ gift wrapper extraordinaire. Honestly, I hate running stock. I would much rather make celloes and wrap gifts while I'm there. Why? I work in a flag ship store with a two level stockroom.

The strange part of all of this is I know where EVERYTHING is in this magnanimous space, yet I can't stand hunting for requested merchandise. Those who know me best, are aware of my obsessive compulsive tendencies and understand that working at Williams Sonoma gives me that fix.

Anyway, this passed Saturday I was scheduled with my best co-worker, Arlene. She loves running stock, therefore, I got to wrap gifts with the love and care that has earned me such compliments as "Oh my God! You are such an awesome gift wrapper!"

Yeah, so that was a very enjoyable four hour shift. The next situation is still so unbelievable to me. Okay, I lease cars. I also feel that the car you drive should accurately reflect your personality. Why? Because people make judgments based on what they see. If I see some black guy driving around in a white Cadillac Escalade with 20in rims, riding low in the driver's seat; I think he's a pretentious mo fo who thinks that others will respect him because he's driving some pimped out Chevy with Cadillac (the official sponsor of the straight pimp'in community) badges on it.

So, the lease on my 2001 VW Passat is up February 23rd of this year and I've been trying to get out of it for the past four months. Also note, I'm a snob and I'm a spoiled brat. Since I already drive a VW Passat, I figured I would just get a new one since they were redesigned for 2006. And whenever I get a new car(the Passat is car #4 since the age of 16 - I'm 27), I require it have the same amenities my passed vehicles had, such as:

- automatic sunroof with sun shade

- integrated front fog lights

- 6 speed tiptronic automatic transmission (faux stick)

- heated leather seats

- 6 disc CD changer


Well, the 2006 Passat with these amenities cost over $31k and I just refuse to pay that much for a VW when I still don't have a real job that pays ALL the bills. It was September when I went to my dealership and decided I wanted this over priced monster that was actually made larger than its predecessor.

Seriously, it's just me and my little cocker spaniel, Hampton. I don't need a car that big. So, one of my resolutions for this New Year was to grow up. This means I will make good major decisions that will positively effect my life over all (career, personal life, etc.). Well for Christmas, Abercrombie & Fitch (as part of a class action settlement) gave me $2.8k. $800. went towards paying some bills, while the rest lingered in my checking account.

By now you're probably asking yourself, "Where's he going with all this?" Well, this passed Friday night, I made the decision that the Passat I wanted was too expensive and I should look at a Jetta instead (one model lower). I configured a top-of-the-line model, online, and it came out to cost less than the modestly loaded model Passat I was looking at.

So long story short (finally), after my great day at work; my dad asked me if we had time to go up to the VW dealership to look at cars. OF COURSE WE HAD TIME! So we went to Boardwalk VW. I told my sales guy what I wanted. We searched the lot for EXACTLY what I was looking for. They had ONE 2006 Jetta 2.0 turbo that was almost perfect, but I wanted another beautiful blue car. Oh well. So I picked out this metallic grey 2006 VW Jetta with...

- heated leather seats

- integrated front fog lights

- dual automatic climate control

- xenon headlights (the ones that can light up the road for three additional cars)

- wood grain trim

- automatic sunroof with sun shade

- hott 17" factory wheels that don't look factory

- 6 disc in-dash CD changer

- 2.0L turbo DOHC inline 4 cylinder engine w/ 200hp (my Passat was a 1.8L turbo with 190hp)

- SIRIUS satellite radio


By 6PM, my credit application was approved (withOUT a co-signer). I signed over a check for $2K (my Abercrombie settlement left overs) as a combo down payment, first month's lease payment + tax, title and license. Now, I HAVE A NEW CAR!!!

I'm still in shock! I've NEVER picked out a car, located it and purchased it within a 24 hour span. That's some mad crazy skill right there. Now, it's a tad smaller, which is quite alright. It's faster. It's sportier. It's HOTT!!! Okay, so that was the second part of my incredible day.

The next came in the form of my being able to have dinner with my best guy friend, Frankie. I told him earlier, I wanted us to have dinner together before we both started up with school and became crazy busy this coming week. We planned for sushi at Reikyu, but my favorite restaurant was unexpectedly overly packed with caucasian Dallasites who needed to be seen at Mockingbird Station on a Saturday night.

We probably didn't need to be in that type of atmosphere anyway. So we headed to another classy spot, much closer to the gayborhood; Parigi. Such a restaurant makes anyone feel like an adult. We chose a fine Pinot Noir. We had meaningful conversation as we sipped. We consumed a fantastically prepared meal, then shared delicious a crust-less peach cobbler.

Like I told Frankie, this passed Saturday (January 7, 2006) was an outstanding day. 1 - I actually had a good, stressless day at work. 2 - I got a new car. 3 - I was able to spend some quality time with Frankie. Yeah, that was a great day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blogda said...

Baby, they did right by this year's Jetta. I rented one while I was home for Xmas, and it was delicious to drive. I ooze jealousy!

11:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home